This post is older than a year. Consider some information might not be accurate anymore.
Service discovery is a key component of most distributed systems and service oriented architectures. Microservices have a demand for a service discovery that keeps track and communicate the provided instances to service consumers. On the Javaland conference, I could fetch some information regarding products, those offers service discovery.
- Kubernetes offers discovery of Docker containers.
- Apache Zookeeper and Curator provides service discovery for Java Webservices.
- Eureka from Netflix is an AWS Service registry for resilient mid-tier load balancing and failover, also for IBM Softlayer Cloud Services.
- etcd from CoreOS offers a key value store for the service registry.
- Consul makes it simple for services to register themselves and to discover other services via a DNS or HTTP interface, e.g. Java Webservices.